The Waxahachie ISD board of trustees met Monday evening, Sept. 13, with superintendent Dr. Jerry Hollingsworth providing updates on monthly enrollment and ADA, the COVID dashboard, leadership meetings, his superintendent’s entry plan, and conversations with leaders throughout the district in his superintendent’s report.
Reports were given to the board on district’s upcoming visioning process as well as dual credit classes at Waxahachie High School. The November board meeting date was changed to Nov. 15 to accommodate the 6A state marching band contest the week before.
The board approved the consent agenda, which included:
- Minutes from previous meetings
- Monthly financial reports
- Acceptance of a gift of a crape myrtle tree in memory of coach David Ream
- Rejection of all responses to solicitation for content filtering software
The board also approved the following action items:
- Additional positions – a half-time Spanish teacher at Waxahachie High School and two structured learning environment aides elsewhere in the district
- Amended teacher pay plan, which makes adjustments to ensure all teacher pay steps receive a 2% pay increase
- HB 4545 accelerated learning compensation plan and stipend schedule
- Purchase of STEMScope kits for grades 2 and 3
- Ratification of purchase order with ISI Commercial Refrigeration for reusable trays for campus cafeterias
- Purchase of student devices from Microsoft and CDW
- Purchase of up to 115 Promethean boards, 100 to be placed in all pre-K through first-grade classrooms throughout the district, and 15 tobe placed in all junior high math classrooms throughout the district