The filing deadline for the March primary election is coming up for the Republican and Democratic parties, with paperwork to be filed by 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, which is also the deadline for independent candidates to file a declaration of intent.
Additional primary election-related deadlines are:
• Wednesday, Jan. 1 – first day to apply for a ballot by mail using the Application for a Ballot by Mail or Federal Postcard Application.
• Monday, Feb. 3 – last day to register to vote
• Tuesday, Feb. 18 – first day of early voting
•Friday, Feb. 21 – last day to apply for a ballot by mail (received, not postmarked)
• Friday, Feb. 28 – last day of early voting
• Tuesday, March 3 – last day to receive a ballot by mail by 7 p.m. if carrier envelope is not postmarked – or – Wednesday, March 4, (next business day after Election Day) at 5 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day (unless overseas or military voter deadlines apply).
• Tuesday, March 3 – Election Day
Additional information is available online at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/2020-important-election-dates.shtml.
Per the Ellis County Republican Party’s website, candidates who have filed to date as of Dec. 2 and who will appear on the party’s primary ballot in Ellis County include the following (with website links also shown):
• President of the United States – Donald J. Trump https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
• District 6 (TX) U.S. Congress – Ron Wright https://wright4congress.com/
• Texas House of Representatives District 10 – Jake Ellzey https://www.ellzeyfortexas.com/
and Ryan Pitts https://www.pittsfortexas.com/
• 378th District Court – William “Doug” Wallace
• 443rd District Court – Cindy Ermatinger
• Tax Assessor/Collector – John Bridges
• Commissioner Precinct 1 – Randy Stinson
• Commissioner Precinct 3 – Paul Perry http://votepaulperry.com/ and Richard Rozier
• Constable Precinct 2 – Terry Nay https://www.facebook.com/EllisCountyCostablePrecinctTwo/
• Constable Precinct 4 – Mike Jones
Contact the Ellis County Republican Party via its website at https://www.elliscountygop.org/. The party offices are located at 610 Water St., Waxahachie. The phone number is 972-923-9383.
The Ellis County Democratic Party had not posted a listing of candidates on its website as of Dec. 2.
Contact the Ellis County Democratic Party online at http://elliscountydemocrats.org/. The Texas Democratic Women Ellis County website is located at https://elliscounty.tdw.org. The party offices are located at 215 E. Main St., Waxahachie. The phone number is 972-546-7618.
With the Libertarian Party, Matt Savino has announced his candidacy for state representative, District 10.
For information on running as a candidate with the Libertarian Party, visit https://www.lp.org/the-libertarian-party/.