The Waxahachie City Council approved a land exchange with a private developer Loren Gray Investments LLC during its Monday night meeting.
Waxahachie City Manager Michael Scott said the land exchange was an even exchange.
“The request before you tonight is a request to exchange two parcels (of land). One is owned by the city and the other is owned by Loren Gray Investments,” Scott said. “The property at 217 E. Main would be exchanged for the right of way of the former Flat Street that the city abandoned a couple of years back.”
Scott said the 0.1217-acre tract the city would receive is adjacent to the east of the Freedman’s Memorial tract. He noted in consideration of this exchange, a $600 park dedication credit is being requested for use on a forthcoming redevelopment project on Patterson Street.
In other business the council:
• Named Global High School senior Rachael Edgar as the honorary council member for December.
• Continued a request by Brian Shaw for a zoning change on a piece of property at the southwest corner of Northgate Drive at Stadium Drive to the Dec. 16 meeting.
• Approved a request from Brandon Edgley for a specific use permit for a rooftop solar panel system at 227 Equestrian Drive.
• Approved a request from Toby Fitzgerald for a specific use permit for a rooftop solar panel system at 204 Frierson.
• Approved a resolution adopting a revised city charter as approved during the Nov. 5 election.
• Approved a resolution of votes cast to elect directors for the Ellis Appraisal District in support of Joe Pitts for 2020-2021.
• Approved an ordinance re-establishing classified positions under civil service.