Here’s information on the Waxahachie Senior Activity Center’s featured special events for the month of July.
Christmas in July – 8 a.m.
Wednesday, July 10
WSAC’s arts and crafts departments will have tables set up in the lobby and lunchroom selling their creations. The Nifty Needlers will have all of their famous scarves, afghans, table sets, hats and gloves. Donations from classes will benefit WSAC’s “Be a Santa to A Senior” program in December.
End Your Knee Pain! – 8:30 a.m. Thursday, July 11 – presented by
What if one 30-minute treatment could end your knee pain? Have you ever wondered how different your life would be if you could significantly reduce your knee pain? Where would you go, what would you do? What if this therapy took only one 30-minute treatment? Complete Health Medical Center is pleased to announce that knee pain sufferers do not have to wait any longer to get one of the most advanced treatments available today. Take the next step by learning more at this free seminar.
How do I know that this is right for me? In many cases, regenerative medicine is a solution for knee pain. Complete Health Medical Center staff will give an honest and fair evaluation of your particular knee pain. They have opened up their schedule and are now accepting new patients.
Please come join the members at the Waxahachie Senior Activity Center for all the following fun and great activities taking place this month:
• Computer Lab Update: Seeking new students at 10 a.m. Tuesdays (advanced) and Wednesdays (smart phones); basic beginner classes are offered at noon Thursdays.
• Crafty Crafters with Debbi: Meets at noon Mondays. Limited seating; signup in the lobby. Special classes include necklace making July 1 and “everything shells” July 29.
• Crafts Class by Elaine: Meets at noon Mondays. Limited seating; signup in the lobby. Special class offering is July 15, when members will finish/complete their memory boxes.
• Fall & Balance Group Fitness Class: Meets at 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Flexibility training in a small group setting that focuses on balance, lower body strength and core strength.
• Genealogy: Meets at noon Tuesdays.
• Sewing Class: Meets at noon Thursdays, July 11, 18 and 25. Limited seating; signup in the lobby. We will be making Christmas boats for angel tree gifts.
• Scrabble Club: Meets at 1 p.m. Mondays and we are recruiting new members to join our club. No experience necessary. On-site training. Come join the fun!
The WSAC Library gets frequent donations of great books to freshen our shelves and your reading. Look for the “new arrivals” sign on the back library wall to check out our latest acquisitions – and then check them out. Happy summer reading!
“The Living Today for Tomorrow,” Next Generation Education STEM Garden: Senior instructor and senior aides are gearing up for our summer school programs in July and August. Visit our website and sign your group up for a fun filled week at www.stemeducationgarden.org. Volunteers are wanted; no experience is necessary.
The Waxahachie Senior Activity Center does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, color or national origin. Tax-deductible donations and contributions are accepted. Donate to your favorite program or sponsor a senior ― with a membership.
The Waxahachie Senior Activity Center is located at 122 Park Hills Drive. Hours are from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. Only the fitness center on the east side of the building is open on Saturdays, from 8 a.m.-noon.
For more information, call 469-309-4280 or email director Jeanee Smiles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeanee Smiles is the director of the Waxahachie Senior Activity Center. Contact her at email@example.com.